Sunday, March 27, 2011

Setbacks :(

Well, this weekend's goal of a fire up didn't materialize.

It turns out that Chuckran Auto Parts (Bridgewater, MA), the place I bought the engine from, removed the stock turbo downpipe incorrectly.  They sheared off a bolt inside the turbo housing and we just discovered this today.  This sheared bolt is preventing my downpipe from being bolted on.  This is exactly the kind of problem I didn't need right now.

On Friday, I also discovered that the intercooler I bought is about 1.5" to tall to be used without cutting the frame support.  Luckily I found another smaller intercooler on the local ricer forum.  It's an Ebay special and the quality is really nothing compared with my Treadstone.  For now it'll do, but I'll definitely be replacing this sometime in the future.

Finally, big thanks to silicone intakes(.com) for sending me the wrong silicone coupler. 

While progress is temporarily stopped for these problems to be dealt with, here's a progress pic for those of you following along.  Hopefully more updates this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment